Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Millifiori weekend

Last weekend I got to torch for 2 days with my glass tribe.  We picked a theme this time- millifiori.  For non-glass people, you make a thick cane with a design in it and pull it out to 1/4"-1/2", cut it into slices (milli's) and apply those slices to a bead.  Lots of work, but the results can be great!  I started with an attempt at a pink flower cane, but the colors were too close so the design couldn't be seen.  Then I made a cane with stripes on it.  They looked very organic to me, so I made several beads with ivory, silver leaf and dark amber, and applied the milli to that.  One of them cracked unfortunately.  I do like these beads and will explore this more.  Then I tried another flower cane using blue glass.  I didn't have time to cut it into slices and apply them to a bead, so I don't know if the cane was successful.  We will see.

1 comment:

  1. i am sure you had a great time. glad you got to indulge yourself a bit. i am ready to let you help me with setting up a blog for me because after seeing yours, i realize, i need to have one. i am blessed with such talented friends. xo, dona

    ReplyDelete