Monday, July 18, 2011

Jenna's beads

Jenna demonstrated for 4 days at the Kutztown Folk Festival.  She has done this for me for around 6 years, and it is the only time she gets to work on a torch.  These are the beads she made on the last day.  They were still in the kiln at the end of the day when she left.  By the time I was packed, the kiln was cool enough to put in my car, and then this week I took them off the mandrels and mailed them to her.  Jenna has done some sculptural beads before, so this year I loaned her my book about Sharon Peters.  As you can see, she got lots of ideas!  The lizard is on a big hole bead, ring sized.  The lion and pig are amazing, and the ladybugs are probably destined to be earrings.  She certainly has the knack of working with hot glass!  I tell her I want credit when she is famous!

No comments:

Post a Comment