Friday, May 27, 2011

Bead show treasures

It seems like every bead show where I exhibit, I find some stones, pearls or other treasure that I "need".  Every year I participate in a few craft shows where I sell jewelry, so I do need to put jewelry together.  At least, that is my excuse for buying more treasures!  I try to buy stones that will coordinate with my glass beads, but once in a while I buy something just because!  These slabs of agate  have been on my mind since I bought them in February.  I finally took some time to see if I could use them with my beads.  The smooth texture of the slabs is a nice contract to the rough texture of my frit beads, and I was happy with the resulting necklace.

One of the fun things about bead shows for me is finding stones or pearls that will combine well with my beads.  Sometimes I know exactly what will work, and sometimes the ideas need to percolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment