Thursday, September 23, 2010

Little beads

  I make these little beads for several reasons.  First, they are a good way to test new color combinations- I make small ones before I make the commitment of a big bead.  Secondly, I love to layer colors, and the results are not always predictable.  Sometimes there are good surprises and sometimes not, and the difference is not always instantly apparent.  Sometimes I have to "live with" a new color combination for a while.

This size is also very good for earrings, so I try to have a tray full of them in many different colors.  When I am working on making earrings for a show, I like to have lots of choices!  Since I mostly use them in pairs, and people mostly buy them in pairs, I end up with lots of orphans.  One of these days I will have to design a necklace with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment