Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fringe bracelet

I haven't made these bracelets for a few years, but I am inspired again!  The beads are in color ranges, and this one is amber and green.  (I also make a purple and blue set.)  After I have a set of my beads, I go through my stash of  stones, pearls, silver, crystals and anything else I have that looks like the color and size will work.  That can take a while, since I have a considerable stash.  A friend told me when I buy more stones, pearls, etc, I am assembling my palette, and I like that thought.  Any excuse for more!

That all goes in a pile, and then I have the fun of deciding which 6 items will work.  I look for items that will pick up all the colors of my beads, and I want different sizes and shapes.  Each of these 6 is then wired onto a jump ring to make a fringe (the jingle jangle between my beads.)  When I have 7 fringes made, I wire wrap the beads, with a fringe between each one, into a bracelet.  There is so much movement it makes you feel special!

2 comments:

  1. That's a lotta wire-wrapping! What a fabulous look, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It is a lot of wire wrapping, but it goes fast.

    ReplyDelete