Monday, April 2, 2012

Open torch weekend


I made these beads this past weekend at an open torch with my glass tribe, and you can see I am still stuck on black and white.  A friend of mine was instrumental in getting a new facility for lampworking up and running, and my glass tribe and I tested it out this past weekend!  It is really a new facility for the Tuscarora Lapidary Society located in Brookhaven PA.  (The website is in the process of being upgraded.)  They teach classes in all kinds of lapidary and jewelry work, and now lampworking too.  Everything worked just fine, with only a few glitches, and we are all so excited to have a place to work together again!  I am also looking forward to teaching there.

We always share new knowledge and discoveries, and have a really good time in the process.  It was so good to work together again!

No comments:

Post a Comment